Wednesday, July 21, 2010

SLOAN -C

Fighting my way through traffic in a rental car, but I finally made it! First session was interesting as it addressed teaching literature online with what amounts to online student "books clubs," geared for high school students (didn't know that when I signed up!) However, the process looked very adaptable and well worth looking at further. It also opens up the opportunity to communicate with other schools/student groups: the presenter was from Canada and is WAY up in the middle of nowhere; for her that feature was key to her small rural school. I couldn't help thinking of the isolation of the U.P. as she spoke. She also pointed out the collaborative (I suppose we'd call that "team teaching" potentials of this kind of project.)

Good beginning and, I must say, good coffee.

Bronwyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment